The Voice for Personal Support Workers in Ontario
The Ontario Personal Support Workers Association or OPSWA is the professional association and tireless advocate for Personal Support Workers. OPSWA works diligently to improve, support and recognize the frontline efforts of Ontario’s PSWs.
verify your PSW education, provide you with an enhanced background check and professionally banded ID;
provide you with one-Million-dollar professional liability insurance;
provide the option to obtain group medical benefits;
make available 24/7 support for all your questions and concerns;
provide job postings…. and many other benefits
- OPSWA Proposal for Self Regulation - Released Summer 2019 - Click here
- Cannabis Legalization and the Ontario Personal Support Worker: Reconciling OHSA with involuntary consumption of THC in a home care setting - Released Fall 2018 - Click here
- Crisis Care Gap Risks: Released in 2019 - Click here
- Naxolone kits and the Personal Support Worker: Released Spring 2019 - Click here
OPSWA News & Events
- OPSWA PSW Community Support Groups - for information - contact us here
- Upcoming Professional Development Training - Trauma, PTSD, Autism, Mental Health - Coming soon! - info here
- Research Projects: PSWs needed to give feedback on workplace environments and its impact on you! Interested? Contact us here
- OPSWA Chapters: OPSWA is thrilled to announce a new Ontario Chapter - Toronto North PSW Chapter
For more information: CLICK HERE
For more information on how OPSWA is advocating for Self regulation
To find way to get involved email us at info@Opswa.com
OPSWA Entrepreneurial Members
The Ontario PSW Association supports our PSWs in advancing their careers!
We are Proud to announce we now have a growing list of PSW Entrepreneurs! These PSWs have either decided to work on their own as Private Working PSWs OR have opened their own PSW owned and run business!
To see our growing list of Private PSWs and PSW owned Businesses
Do you want to work for yourself? Thinking of opening your own buisness? Check out our Specialized Memberships by clicking here!
Questions or Concerns? Please email us at email@example.com - we are always happy to help!